Since the beginning of time, the question has been asked, "What is life?" Songs have been written about it, movies are made about it, and everyone (in one fashion or another) is living it. When asked, "What is life?" God replied, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is YOUR life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." (James 4:14)
Before my vapour vanishes, there are some goals I would like to accomplish. I have never voiced the goals I have for my life. Probably because I am a horrible goal setter and reacher. The setting is a breeze, the reaching sometimes a tropical storm! Here it is, my Life List. 50 things I would love to achieve before my life is over. Will I achieve all of these goals? Most likely not, but it's going to be fun trying.
BOLD = In Progress
Strike Through = Completed
- Lead my girls to Christ (when they are ready).
- Teach Sunday School, again.
- Read my Bible cover to cover in one month.
- Pray over my family prayer list everyday.
- Create KJV Sunday School curriculum.
Visit The Sword of the Lord bookstore.
- Witness to a famous person (by talking or tract).
- Personally support a missionary (we currently do give to missions).
- Go with my family on a missions trip.
- Hand out 1,000 gospel tracts by the end of 2016.
- Have the Proverbs 31 Spirit in my home and with my family.
- Live and show the girls that next to God's Word daddy is the final authority in our home.
- Wake up every morning at 5:00AM for 31 days (create the routine).
- Be an extra in a movie.
- Come off my diabetes medication.
- Go to the opera with Thomas
- Eat brunch at Skycity Restaurant (top of the Space Needle in Seattle).
- Take a family vacation to Disney (2017).
- Make an Initial Wreath for the door.
- Second Honey Moon at Oheka Castle.
- Take a photography class.
- Write and publish a children's book.
- Fly in a plane.
Tour the Ryman Auditorium.
- Take a New England cruise.
- See White Christmas at The Fox.
- Do a coastal road trip with my besties (ladies only).
- Home-School the girls for their preschool years.
- Visit famous abandoned places in the U.S.
- Fill the living room wall with family photos.
- Learn to make lo mein noodles.
- Attend a movie premier.
- Eat in a famous person's restaurant.
- Take Thomas to the Norsk Museum in Norway, Illinois.
- Make country themed Christmas stockings and a trees skirt.
- Start a magazine (The Modest Woman).
- Do a Mommy & Me painting class with the girls.
- Sew the girl's church dresses and other clothing.
- Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary (2049).
- Take a family ride in a hot air balloon.
- Go antiquing in Vermont.
- Finish the girl's baby books (2020 - age 5).
- Come up with a routine cleaning schedule and STICK to it!
- Start and finish a 30 day NO SPEND challenge.
- Give someone a dream vacation.
- Re-marry my love in our church.
- Put money in the girl's piggy bank every week until they are five (shopping spree).
- Find the abandoned haunted house everyone wants to know if you'll spend the night in for $1M.
- Go to the bank the next day!
- Be in complete submission to God, His Word and His will (hardest of all).
The inspiration for this post was found at MoscatoMom.com